Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks
Volunteer or Donate
Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks depends on the goodwill of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the Medical Center and help make our patient’s stay more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform a number of services, and a volunteer’s talents are closely matched with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, call or visit the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks Voluntary Service Office. We will be happy to receive your application and discuss how you can help us in our mission to provide comfort and care to America’s Veterans.
Cash donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our Veteran patients, including
- Coffee service
- Recreational activities
- Social services needs
- Homeless Program
- Canteen Book Program
- PRRC Program
- Hospice Palliative Care Unit
Non-cash contributions are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Items which are accepted include
- Books and magazines (clean and no older than four months old)
- Coffee (regular and decaf)
- Clean, new or gently used clothing (jeans and polo shirts; no dress clothes)
- New underwear, t-shirts, socks (in original packages)
- Telephone cards (with receipts)
- Reading glasses (all strengths)
- Puzzle books
- Full-size comfort items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, combs, etc.); we cannot use hotel-size comfort items
- Children’s coloring books/colors; small new stuffed toys
- Fabric ditty bags (children and adult fabrics that are 14" X 14" with handles)
To make a cash or non-cash contribution, please fill out our Donation Form and bring to Voluntary Service in Building 3 or contact our Voluntary Service at 479-444-5060 for more information.