Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks
About the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks
Since 1935 the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks (VHSO) has been providing high quality care for our nation’s Veterans. We serve Veterans living in and visiting 23 counties in northwest Arkansas, southwest Missouri and eastern Oklahoma. Services include primary care, mental health care, specialty care, women’s clinic, pharmacy, social work, surgery, and nutrition services. Learn more about our services.
In addition to the medical center in Fayetteville, Arkansas, VHSO also has Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in -
- Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Harrison, Arkansas
- Ozark, Arkansas
- Branson, Missouri
- Mount Vernon, Missouri
- Jay, Oklahoma
VHA Mission Statement
Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA Vision Statement
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient-centered and evidence-based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the Nation’s well-being through education, research and service in national emergencies.
VA Core Values
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
VA Domains of Value
- Cost Effectiveness
- Healthy Communities